YouCast allows you to subscribe to video feeds on YouTube as podcasts in any standard podcatcher like iTunes, BeyondPod on Adroid or even Zune PC and so forth. You can also sort videos by popularity for these channels you know you will never finish.
Moved to GitHub: YouCast on GitHub
- Subscribe to any user's public video uploads.
- Subscribe to any public playlist on YouTube.
- Sort the videos by popularity (awesome for huge channels, like TED Talks)
- Run YouCast at home and access it from everywhere on the internet, not just your home network.
- Limit the amount of videos in any feed (helps with users with thousands of videos).
- Use YouCast from any device in your network: iPhone, Android, Tablet. (Just open the incoming port 22703 on your firewall and paste the URL in your favorite podcatcher)
To get a URL for the specific podcast:
- Open YouCast
- Enter a YouTube channel's username or playlist ID.
- Choose a preferred quality (the better the quality the bigger the file).
- Generate and copy the podcast URL.
- Paste the URL in your favorite Podcatcher.
- While your podcatcher is updating podcasts YouCast must be running.
The software requires the following:
- Administrative privileges
- .Net Framework 3.5 or higher.
I hope you enjoy using YouCast.
If you have suggestions or want to join in and develop, feel free to contact me.