MP3/AC3

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Hey

Nice app you have here.

quick problem

Im trying to use the MP3 or AAC part of this ( i want Mp3s downloaded instead of Mp4s)

It doesnt seem to work, is this youtubes fault?

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Hi,
What happens with audio is YouCast temporarily downloads the video and extracts the audio from it.
It takes some time to do so (more than just the video) so it depends on the timeout of your podcatcher.
I've tried it on iTunes and MediaMonkey and it worked. Are you using one of those? if not then which one?
YouCast also can't download non-public or age restricted video.

If the feed you generated works with one of the video qualities (MP4_360p etc.) and not with the audio ones...
your podcatcher probably has a small timeout.

PS: sorry for taking so long, you're the first poster here, and I wasn't notified about it.
Marked as answer by I3arnon on 11/8/2013 at 10:04 AM
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2015 at 8:42 AM
Hey,
I thought I'll let you know that I've reimplemented the audio feeds in a new way.
YouCast now gets the audio directly from YouTube so it's faster and requires less bandwidth.
You can get it here.

thanks,
-Bar Arnon
Sep 26, 2015 at 5:27 PM
So, I've been unable to get the Audio Podcast downloads to work since you brought them back. The files seem to download, but don't play in either Zune or iTunes. However, I can play the individual files in a media player like Groove, PowerDVD, WMP, or VLC. Any ideas why?
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2015 at 8:25 PM
I guess iTunes just doesn't like the fact that this is streaming from YouTube and not really a remote file.
I couldn't get it to play the file, no matter what I did.
I can only suggest using a different client.