Working with MusicBee

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Hey,

finally I found someone, who also want to make audio podcast out of youtube video channels or playlists. Your little program is awesome. I really want to use it. because there is no tool like yours out here. The thing is, that I get a timeout trying to subscribe to an mp3 converted playlist on youtube. I tried to subscribe to the podcast via Musicbee 2.1, cause I think it is more flexible as itunes in terms of sorting, lyrics and copying music. If I change the filetype to MP4 (video) it works but I want to copy it to my phone and listen to it. The video podcasts would take so much space. Could you help me please. Get this thing to work.

Thank you.
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Hi,

First of all… thanks for the enthusiasm :)

The thing about downloading audio from YouTube is that you really can't do it.

What YouCast does is it downloads the video to a temp file, extracts the audio from portion from it and discards the file.

All that of course takes time according to your internet connection and video length. If the pod-catcher (MusicBee in this case) decides to stop the operation before it ends there's not a lot to do.

I know iTunes doesn't do that, but maybe you can configure the podcast download timeout in MusicBee's settings. I did a quick google search and didn't find how this can be done.

I hope you can make it work and if you have a suggestion for YouCast feel free…

Thanks,

-Bar Arnon.

Apr 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM
To some degree, MusicBee is more flexible as iTunes, especially for copying music.
Great Music Management Tool

Thanks,
AdeleB
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2015 at 8:43 AM
Hey,
I thought I'll let you know that I've reimplemented the audio feeds in a new way.
YouCast now gets the audio directly from YouTube so it's faster and requires less bandwidth.
You can get it here.

thanks,
-Bar Arnon
Marked as answer by I3arnon on 9/26/2015 at 1:43 AM