MP3 Audio Quality

May 28, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Hi,

I absolutely love your application. Unfortunately, when i try to download only the Audio file using the MP3@Best option, the quality of the audio I download is 64kbits/s. This is incredibely low and renders that option mostly useless for me. Is there a way to get 320kbits/s quality?

Thank you for your time,

Karl
Coordinator
May 30, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Hey,
Thanks for the kind words.

I use YoutubeExtractor to extract the audio from the files. I use the best mp3 quality inside an mp4 video which most times is quite low.. The AAC quality is usually higher.
There isn't much I can do about it, or at least nothing comes to my mind.

But i'll try and give it another look. Maybe i missed something when i implemented that feature.
May 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM
All I know is that it is possible to get better audio quality. I've tried other methods to download the audio from the YouTube videos i'm interested in and they give me 320kbits/s MP3. The way your application works is a lot more what I'm looking for, so I would be very happy to use it if it gives me the same quality of audio files. Even if it takes a lot more time to get better quality files, it does not matter to me.

Thank you very much for taking some of your time and looking into this for me. I appreciate it.
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2015 at 8:15 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Hey,
I'm not sure if this still interests you, but I've implemented the audio feeds again in a new way.
Instead of extracting the audio I'm getting it straight from YouTube.
This takes much less time and the quality is at least twice as good.
You can get the new version from the downloads section.

-Bar Arnon
Marked as answer by I3arnon on 8/31/2015 at 12:15 AM