Captions

Feb 18 at 12:10 PM
YouCast is amazing, especially for allowing me to watch YouTube videos on my lunch break at work, despite spotty internet reception (and combined with PodCast Addict to download videos on Android, filtered by title). There's one feature I'd like that I don't see, though: Is there any way to use YouCast to download the captions along with a video? Ideally, there would be an option to only download captions in a specified language, and to choose whether or not to download captions if only the automatically generated ones are available. I'm not deaf, so I don't absolutely need captions, but sometimes I'm in a noisy environment (that my headphones don't completely block out) or watching a YouTuber with a thick accent, and captions would be helpful. Some of the YouTubers I watch do supply their own captions (which are much better than the automatic ones) but I only seem to have the option to enable them when I use the official YouTube app, which means I can only use them when I have a good WiFi connection.

Even if this feature can't be implemented, thanks for the great program. It's really made my breaks - and long trips - much more enjoyable.